See below for an explanation of information we automatically collect and store when a visitor logs on to the gorbel.com site.
Gorbel Inc. respects the privacy of its customers, business partners, and website visitors. Our Privacy Statement describes the information that we collect, how we obtain the information, and how we may use or disclose that information.
This Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information obtained through:
- Interaction with all Gorbel Inc. website’s properties. In addition to its websites, Gorbel Inc. provides web-based tools which require individuals to log-in to retrieve data or to update information. These web-based tools are referred to as part of Gorbel Inc. Websites.
- Product data management tools and services which include access to CAD drawings, product configurators and e-commerce capability.
- Marketing services provided to Customers including but not limited to promotional pieces and inbound marketing services such as emails sent on Customers behalf.
Please review this Privacy Statement carefully, if you do not agree with our practices, you should not use Gorbel Inc. Websites. By using our websites (both public domains and authorized user domains on our websites), you accept and agree to our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
- We collect personal information including, without limitation, company name and address, mailing address, email address, IP address and telephone number.
- We collect details about your website visits, including, your IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system and browser type.
- Via cookies we may track your behavior at other websites, including what sites you visit and how long you spend there.
In addition, Gorbel® may collect information on behalf of Customers who have provided forms residing within the Services, namely Company name and address.
- User’s contact information including, first name, last name, phone number and email address.
- Informational requests and requests for pricing or quotes.
- Transactional information about the user’s movements throughout the site.
- Demographic information about the user base as a whole.
How we obtain information
Gorbel Inc. collects information from visitors to our site from several sources:
- Forms on the websites;
- Comments through blog posts, interactive features of the websites or requests for further information or services from us, one of our Customers or other Suppliers;
- Reports of a problem with the websites;
- Contact us;
- Surveys; or subscribe to our email newsletters.
Any additional source where information is voluntarily provided to us
We collect information from third parties as follows:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites.
- Speed up your searches.
- Authenticate your access to various areas of Gorbel® Websites.
- Recognize you when you return to Gorbel® Websites.
Track when you respond to surveys.
At no time will Gorbel® Inc. sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any information collected on our site.
Instructions for disabling cookies on major browsers:
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. You may also set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, if you do so, please note that some parts of the Gorbel® Websites may then be inaccessible or function improperly.
The following are the cookies that are deployed on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Service. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Service.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate our site. This helps us to improve the way our Service works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Third-Party Cookies. These are cookies placed by third parties. These cookies are used to track users who arrive from third party sources to our site. Gorbel® does not control any information collected by these third parties collect.
Gorbel® collects personal information on behalf of our Customers from visitors/users who:
- Engage in e-commerce transactions via the services offered on our Authorized User site;
- Submit informational requests and requests for pricing or quotations from Customers;
- Submit forms that may be required to download CAD drawings or other product information requests.
Customers, not Gorbel Inc, are obligated to obtain consent from Users to collect personal information for these purposes.
How we use Information
We use information that we collect about visitors to the Gorbel® Websites for the following purposes:
- To present Gorbel® Websites and their contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with a Gorbel® Websites.
- To improve Gorbel® Websites.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or our Customers.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Gorbel®, including our Terms and Conditions.
- To notify you about changes to Gorbel® Websites or obtain any required consent.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of a Gorbel® Websites when you choose to do so.
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
- To track your browsing behavior, such as the pages you visited over time.
- To improve your content experience as a newsletter subscriber.
- To improve your experience on Gorbel® Websites.
For example, Gorbel® uses a third party for reporting and analytics to measure the effectiveness of our Websites, marketing efforts for the Websites and to identify areas for improvement.
Who we share Information with
We may disclose personal information that you provide to us via the Services to the following third parties:
- Distributors, business partners and service providers we use to support our business or who provide services on our behalf. Personal information is shared only to the extent necessary for the third party to provide specific services or functions.
- Customers to enable them to provide their website users with information, products or services that such users request.
If you ask us to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you, we may use your personal information or permit selected third parties to use your personal information to provide you with such services.
Terms of Service
When you use the communication features and software applications on Gorbel® Websites to initiate contact with Suppliers or Providers, you may be asked to supply contact information required by these companies to respond to your request to contact you. Depending on how you wish the Supplier or Provider to respond to your request, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, including one or more of the following: name, telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address. We will only forward a Supplier or Provider the contact information you provide.
If you choose to call a phone number listed on the Gorbel® Websites for a Supplier or Provider, your phone contact information, including such information as your phone number, name and location, may be collected and provided to the Supplier or Provider.
Gorbel Inc. may store and process any information collected in connection with the Gorbel® Websites in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. A list of Gorbel Inc. global offices is provided on our websites. By using the Websites, you consent to the collection, storage, transfer and processing of information outside of your country of residence, including in the United States.
These Websites may link to websites that are not owned or controlled by Gorbel®. As such, this Privacy Statement does not apply to information collected on any third-party site or by any third-party application that may link to or be accessible from the Websites.
Gorbel® reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you through an appropriate online notice (and obtain your consent where required by applicable law). Your continued use of the Websites or Services is deemed to be acceptance of any updates or changes we make to this Privacy Statement. We ask that you review the Privacy Statement periodically for any updates or changes that we may have made.
Retention and Deletion
Gorbel® manages records with utmost scrutiny and does not store user information indefinitely. We reserve the right to dispose of user information permanently at our discretion. If you currently receive marketing information from us and would like to be removed from our mailing list, please hit the unsubscribe button on the emails. In addition if you would like to do any of the following:
- Request your inaccurate personal data to be rectified
- Request your obsolete personal data to be erased.
- Request access to your personal data (= to receive a copy of your personal data that we have).
- Object to processing of your personal data entirely.
- Restrict processing of your personal data entirely.
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.